Tuesday, January 9, 2007

The Eastern Infirmary

So far, both kids are on antibiotics for ear infections, I have been sick for almost 14 days secreting green mucus with ear and sinus pain (and should probably resign myself to seeing the doctor at this point), and Doug has been sick for 4.

Moral of the story: stay away from us for the time being.

Apparently there is some RIDICULOUSLY strong strain of cold virus ciruclating around the Eastern United States. I've spoken to friends from New York all the way down to Florida who describe the same exact symptoms as my kids and I have experienced. And the stupid virus just HANGS ON! As I said, both kids are now on antibiotics for secondary ear infections due to the volume of mucus that has decided to take up residence in their poor little eustacian tubes. And Doug and I are popping the cold medicine like it's going out of style. I also happen to know that my girlfriend Karen's daughter Marcie was sick with the same thing and suffered from a double ear infection herself. And of course she got it....when she came to North Carolina! So...stay away....stay away from the entire East coast if you can. Everyone I know is either suffering or on antibiotics. Blech.

No comments: