Sunday, January 28, 2007

For Worse and In Sickness....

Seems that in the, "better or worse, in sickness or in health," departments, Doug and I have been handed a super-sized, not-so-value meal of, "worse," and, "sickness." Just read the previous postings if you don't believe me. My family has now been sick with one illness or another since December 30th. Doug, amazingly, has not gotten sick yet.

But aside from a remarkable immunity to the common cold, stomach viruses, and other bacterial infections, I feel compelled to mention what a great help he has been to me, and that I realize I haven't given him enough credit lately. As I mentioned earlier, he is, at the moment, on his way to the ER with our 11 month old son. And while the responsibility of getting up with the kids in the middle of the night, catching vomit, going to the pediatrican, etc. largely falls on me as the, "stay-at-home-mom," he always knows just when to step in to ease the load. It's a bit like tag-team parenting, as I suppose parenting should be; when one of us needs to retreat to our respective corner, the other tags in. I'm just glad he's on my team.

No comments: