Friday, July 6, 2007

Take Me to Your Leader

While driving on one of South Carolina's many two lane, tree-lined roads this past week, I noticed that the state's natural history museum is proudly advertising their latest exhibition: Aliens, Worlds of Possibilities. And I couldn't help but think, as I passed endless abandoned trailers, rusted-out cars in overgrown grass, and worn-out movie marquees in front of cinder block warehouses advertising redemption for my soul, that the aliens aren't in the museum, I'm pretty sure they're right behind the cinder block warehouse doors, finding Jesus, who was hiding behind the rat-infested sofa on the front porch of their trailer all along.

And then I thought, this is their version of a science exhibit. And my children are going to be educated here.

Ahhh...South Cackalackie. Gotta' love it.

No comments: