Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pick Up...

Here are some snapshots of Emma's first pick up from school. I mostly took video when I went to pick her up, so I only got 4 shots with the camera. She was clearly getting tired of all the fuss, and I had to make room for all the other flashing cameras and their respective parents.

Anyway, here are a couple of cute ones...

Proudly displaying her first bit of art work from school and standing next to her backpack hook. Notice that she's not looking at the camera at all! At this point, I'd already taken about 15 minutes of video of her reaction when I came to pick her up, and she was DONE with cameras. I think her words were something like, "C'mon mom! I'm thirsty. We gotta' go get me somethin' to drink! No more pictures, puuuhhlleeeeeeease."

I should mention that when Emma first saw me walk in her classroom, she came running over saying, "I made somethin' for you mommy!" which is when I was handed her art work from the day. As soon as we walked in the door at home, she announced, "We're gonna' put it on the 'fridgerador', right?!?"

"Of course baby. I would be honored."

I happened to get a few shots of her in action while I was there as well. These were taken when we dropped her off, and as you can see, there was no love lost when it was time to leave mommy and daddy and get on with the day. She jumped right in with two feet and never looked back. That's my girl!


The teacher had set out some toys on the rug so the kids would feel welcome and ready to have fun. Emma didn't miss a beat on that one.


Miss Marie then asked her to come sit down and paint her ladybug which, if you look back at the "fridgerador" pictures, you'll see displayed directly above the handprints art work. The blonde woman in the front is Emma's teacher Miss Keri, and Emma absolutely LOVES her! She's been talking about her all day.

All in all, she had a great first day at school and is in bed as I type, singing a newly memorized song about monkeys swinging in a tree teasing Mr. Alligator, saying, "Can't get me." I'm sure you can guess how it ends.

My little monkey is growin' up.
Nite nites Emma. Until tomorrow's adventures. I love you.

No comments: